Raleigh Kiwanis: A Welcoming Community
Our vision is that all children will wake up in communities that believe in them, nurture them and provide the support they need to thrive.
The 6 Objects
- Spiritual VALUES over material goods.
- The GOLDEN RULE
- HIGH STANDARDS
- Intelligent CITIZENSHIP
- Lasting FRIENDSHIPS
- IDEALS, justice, patriotism and good will.
100 years of being there for kids when it matters
Getting your hands dirty, walking the walk.
Researching effective strategies and partners.
Generously giving your time and resources.
Making a difference both today and tomorrow.
Perpetuating a culture of kindness and hope.
Knowing that the kid you help today is the successful kid of tomorrow.
- Built Kiwanis Park
- Helped start the Tammy Lynn Center
- Supported the Boys and Girls Club with their new building
- Hosted the Boys and Girls Club Christmas Party
- Provided shoes for foster children
- Screened kids for health problems
- Provided volunteers every day at the Soup kitchen
- Supported the Salvation Army’s Remedial Reading program
The Raleigh Kiwanis Club has helped sponsor at least 17 other Kiwanis Clubs.
Kiwanis International was founded in 1915, and the Kiwanis Club of Raleigh is one of the oldest clubs. The first organizational meeting was held on December 19, 1919, at the Bland Hotel, with 107 members present.
The new club was completed on January 3, 1920, and the charter was presented on April 8, 1920. The 124 charter members were a diverse group of Raleigh men who came together with the common interests of fellowship and community service.